What WordPress theme is that? Have you discovered a pretty looking blog and are you now wondering what WordPress theme it is using? There’s a quick way to find out. Here’s how.
Do you want to watch this guide?
Do you want to listen to this guide?
What WordPress theme is that: A step-by-step guide
- Visit the blog in question
- Right-click anywhere on the blog page in your browser window
- Click on the “View Page Source” in the right-click menu
- On the WordPress HTML source page, search for and find “style.css” or “/themes/“
- The line of code you find will look something like this: domain.com/wp-content/themes/theme-name/style.css
- In place of the “theme-name” you would have the name of the WordPress theme that blog is using
- Alternatively you can also click on the “style.css” link
- On the top of style.css file, you will find further details such as the theme author and the URL where you can learn more about the theme
- On my blog’s stylesheet you see this information for instance:
Theme Name: Academy Pro Theme URI: https://my.studiopress.com/themes/academy/ Description: The theme for online course creators. Author: StudioPress Author URI: https://www.studiopress.com/ Version: 1.0.4
So now you have all the details that you need to find what theme a blog is using. Takes two minutes. No fancy WordPress theme detector tool needed either.
Now you can go to the Appearance menu in your WordPress blog dashboard, search for and activate the theme that you just discovered.
See also: How To Design A Blog
What if no theme name is showing when viewing page source?
Some blogs use a custom WordPress theme solution that’s built from scratch. Some try to hide their theme name for one reason or another.
This makes it pretty much impossible to know the theme name unless you ask them.