In this guide I’m going to show you how to change font in WordPress both on an individual page or post level but also how to change the typography of your blog on a global level.
This includes how to change WordPress font type, font color and font size, and helps you make your blog content more pleasing to the eye and easier to consume.
All this can be done without you needing to know how to code and without any prior WordPress blog experience either. Let’s get started with the full instructions on how to change WordPress fonts.
Do you want to watch this guide?
Do you want to listen to this guide?
How to change font in WordPress on the individual post or page level
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard. See here How To Start A Blog with WordPress.
- In your WordPress post or page editor make sure that the “Toolbar Toggle” icon has been clicked on. This gives you extra editing capabilities such as the “Text color” icon which allows you to change the font color.
- Highlight the text you’d like to change, press “Text color” icon and select your new font color.
- To change the font size, highlight the text you’d like to change, click on the “Paragraph” button and select your new heading size.
How to change font type, color, size and style on the global WordPress level
- Log into the WordPress admin dashboard on your self-hosted blog (see here for WordPress.com vs WordPress.org comparison).
- Install and activate a free WordPress plugin called Easy Google Fonts in your “Plugins” section.
- Then go into “Appearance” in your WordPress navigation and select “Customize“.
- Next you should select “Typography“.
- Here you can edit anything to do with font styles. This includes font type (you can choose between more than 800 web ready fonts), font color, background color, font size, weight, decoration, transform, line height, letter spacing, margin, padding and so much more.
Now you know how to change font in WordPress. I hope this guide helped you figure out how to change font size, color and even the type on your WordPress blog. Take a look at my full guide on how to design a blog and make it look pretty. Happy blogging!