Hello! I’m Marko Saric and I love being a blogger.
Blogging is one of those “no experience required” jobs. It’s pretty simple to start but it’s very difficult to master. Most bloggers fail as they don’t know what to do, they don’t see results and give up.
But there are no secrets, keys and shortcuts to success. You need to learn from other people’s mistakes and learn from your own mistakes.
This is what HowToMakeMyBlog.com is all about.
Blogging has changed my life, given me opportunities and I encourage others to start blogging and give their dreams a chance to come alive too. The purpose of this blog is to teach you how to start a blog today and help you succeed.
Reasons why you should NOT start a blog
- It’s very hard work that takes a lot of time and effort
- More than 50% of those who start a blog never even get to publish a single post
- Many more quit before they start seeing any results
- If you don’t have a lot of patience and a long term outlook it’s better not to start
- It’s incredibly difficult to get attention and visitors these days
- You’re competing for people’s time with Facebook, Instagram, TV and millions of other websites and blogs
- You might love to do the creative sides of blogging but 50-80% of your time will need to be spent on marketing
- Don’t start if you’re not prepared to beat your own drum as loud as possible
- It’s definitely not a get rich quick scheme no matter what you may have heard
- A majority of bloggers never make any money
Why people start blogs
Blogging is a productive and rewarding hobby and can even be a good career move.
You may be about to graduate and eager to start your professional life. You may be unemployed and on a hunt for a job. You may not be too happy with your current role and want something better.
Blogging opens the doors to the world for you. It’s your opportunity to set yourself apart and get noticed. It’s a creative outlet for you to share your ideas and a platform on which you can build your business and make money.
Here are some of the reasons why people start blogs:
- Want to become self employed
- Want to have an outlet for creative expression
- Want to build an audience
- Want to teach what they know
- Want to make money
- Want to build a company or drive traffic to a startup
- Want to build relationships
Blogging is about creativity, purpose and money making.
What’s How To Make My Blog?
This is the blog for anyone who runs their own blog – or wants to. Full of practical, action-oriented and easy-to-consume blogging advice and insights to start and build a high-performance blog. All you need to grow your blog from the ground up. Big content topics are boiled down to easy-to-use knowledge, tactics and strategies that you can follow and apply today.
I’ve created websites, produced content and grown online audiences since 1997. I give you the practitioner’s view from the inside. I present you with all my best lessons learned and know-how.
It’s all available for free. There are no banner ads and sponsored posts. I don’t try and sell you anything. I don’t even collect your email address.
My intention is not to add to the swathes of bland blogging advice guidance online. I hope that my blog helps you find the motivation to chart your own course and see where your passion leads you.
With that in mind, here are the guides for you to start with:
- Learn how to install a blog
- Learn how to choose your perfect blogging topic
- Get inspiration on how to name your blog
- Learn how to make your blog look pretty
- Learn how to create thrilling content
- Learn how to write irresistible post headlines
- Learn how to attract visitors
- Understand how to make your blog search engine friendly
- And even learn how to make money blogging
- See all my blogging guides here
- See my answers to the frequently asked questions too
HowToMakeMyBlog.com – As Seen On BBC
HowToMakeMyBlog was featured in Forbes, FHM, Inc. Magazine, Yahoo!, Social Media Examiner and several other high-profile sites. I had my proud moment when I was featured on BBC TV show Click, which you can see a clip from below:
“The internet wizard” feature in FHM November 2015 issue:
More about Marko
These days, the word “passion” is being overused when describing how someone feels about something – it has lost its meaning. Now, meet Marko Saric – the exception to the rule. His passion for online media has been bubbling for many years, starting back when he was a teenager.
He’s always been a music enthusiast and went one step further in his days as a metal head by creating an online site for Metallica, his favorite band. Marko was just sixteen when his site became Denmark’s official Metallica fan club, which led to many musical adventures… and gave him a taste of online possibilities.
Realizing that combining his natural “online savvy” talent with a thorough knowledge of marketing would be beneficial, he successfully completed a BA degree in Marketing Management. While there, he had an idea for yet another project, and so he launched HowToMakeMyBlog.com to help content creators start their sites and succeed by sharing his tips and advice.
Marko is also exploring the digital nomad lifestyle. He has spoken about blogging at different events and conferences. The clip below is from one of these.
Please use the contact form below to contact Marko in case you have any questions, struggles or any doubts with any of the stages of the blogging process.