Producing content. For most of us producing content is all about making it or breaking it in the blogging world. Without great content you do not stand much of a chance in building an audience in the ultra-competitive world of online publishing. There is quite a lot of pressure on bloggers to keep producing interesting content. To do this a lot of planning and researching is necessary.
There are several ways bloggers can help themselves in this situation. Having a good overview of post types and ideas is helpful. When you are about to create a new piece of content you can look at your overview and get an idea for which way to go. It also helps you add variety to your posts. If you post same type of posts all the time it is difficult to reach a wider audience, your site becomes too one-dimensional and visitors might feel jaded. Mixing it up not only keeps the existing readers interested but also attracts more visitors to you as people share your work.
To help you get inspired and hopefully get you new ideas here is a list of types of posts you should consider when you are creating a new post for your site. Most of them are pretty simple and don’t require much of you. You just need a topic and some time focused on producing. Enjoy your blogging!
A list of post types
- Be open and write about the projects you are working on.
- Write how-to guides and tutorials where you lead the visitor in the step-by-step instructional process.
- Look inwards and tell about your past success and how you have achieved it.
- Look inwards and tell about your past failures and what you have learned from it.
- Quote someone from Twitter and add your own commentary to the quote.
- Answer a reader questions in a complete post.
- Link to a post from another blogger and add your opinion to the topic.
- Collect a bunch of topical tweets and post it on your site by using Storify.
- Create a Youtube video where you talk directly to the camera.
- Interview someone you admire in your field.
- Write about a topic you care about that you want to share with your audience.
- Write a rant about a topic, an event or a person.
- Create an engaging post series by spreading a story or a guide over several posts.
- Review a product or a service that is relevant to your audience.
- Do a detailed comparison between two competitive products in your niche.
- Read a book and write your opinion about it, include lessons learned from reading it.
- Collect best quotes from the book you’ve read and publish them with your comments.
- Curate the best stories on a topic and publish them as a list post.
- Record your computer screen explaining a certain process and publish it on Youtube.
- Collect the most influential people in your field and publish a list with them.
- Create a cheatsheet list to help people go through a specific topic.
- Create an infographic with a bunch of facts, stats and quotes on a topic.
- Write a post with a summary of your visitors, sales and earnings.
- Create a checklist to explain people how to achieve something.
- Record a podcast.
- Make a profile or a case study on someone that is popular and influential.
- Take an interesting comment from a visitor and publish it as a full post.
- Write a list of predictions for your industry.
- Publish an interesting guest post from another blogger.
- Employ someone to write alongside you and give you more time/space to work with.