From the first day of starting my site until now I’ve been hearing that blogging is not easy as it is very competitive and requires a lot of patience.
So, in my post today I am going to tell you how to make your activities easy and make your site stand out from the crowd so as to remove the false assumption that working on a blog is not easy.
Let us start:
It is true that to compete with so many passionate bloggers we require a lot of hard work as well as smart work but if you’re serious about your site do not think about anyone and start competing with yourself. How? I’ll tell you:
- Set a target of number of page views per month and work hard to achieve it.
- Try to get as much knowledge of the niche you write about.
- Set a target to get particular number of comments and try to hit the target on time.
- Set a target to write particular number of quality articles and work hard to achieve that target.
- Each month increase your network and loyal readers.
Take ideas from negative feedback
Another pit that bloggers fall into is negative feedback. Every author, along with positive feedback also gets negative feedback, so below are some steps you can follow on how you can take post ideas from negative feedback and write your next article:
- Once you get any negative comment on your posts, save that comment in draft and search for the ways on Internet how to improve it.
- Do in-depth research and collect at least 10 points
- Now, write a new post on your site giving all the 10 points you gathered and also thank the person who gave the negative feedback in your article.
- The more negative feedback you will get, the more it will help you to make your site better.
Super way to remain in touch with other authors
Most of the bloggers thinks that active participation in a community is must to make your site better, though it is 99% correct but today I am going to give you a simple and very effective way that I use to remain in touch with fellow bloggers: Note: Please note that this method requires only one time hard work
- First I created a list of 50 authors in my niche
- I sent an email to all those 50 authors asking them that I am starting a series on my site where I’ll ask opinion on a topic to 50 bloggers and write about all the opinions on my site each week and want to include you in my list, are you interested?
- In 1-2 days I built up a list of 50 authors and created a list of emails along with their name and URL
- Now, each week I ask them about their opinion on a particular topic and after I get 50 replies, I publish it on my site
- I again send an email to all those 50 authors giving link about the post, thanking them and also ask them to re-tweet that article and comment on them
In this way, I get huge traffic on that day when I publish this article and it is an easy way to build relationship with other fellow bloggers.
Always think that your site is successful
To keep the blogging spirit alive, always think that your site is successful, do not think that successful sites are those that are making huge money and has high traffic, no! Not at all, a successful site is:
- Any site helping people is a successful site
- If your ideas stand out from the crowd, your site is successful
- If your site is inspiring others, your site is successful
So, from now onwards do not think that working on a blog is difficult, all the targets are achieved by not hard work but smart work. So, work smart and take your site to the next level.
A guest post by Gaganpreet Singh.