Hello! I’m Marko Saric and I love being a blogger.
Blogging is one of those “no experience required” jobs.
It’s pretty simple to start but it’s very difficult to master.
Most bloggers fail as they don’t know what to do, they don’t see results and give up.
But there are no secrets, keys and shortcuts to success.
You need to learn from other people’s mistakes and learn from your own mistakes.
This is what HowToMakeMyBlog.com is all about.
Blogging has changed my life, given me opportunities and I encourage others to start blogging and give their dreams a chance to come alive too.
The purpose of this blog is to teach you how to start a blog today and help you succeed.
Reasons why you should NOT start a blog
- It’s very hard work that takes a lot of time and effort
- More than 50% of those who start a blog never even get to publish a single post
- Many more quit before they start seeing any results
- It’s incredibly difficult to get attention and visitors these days
- You’re competing for people’s time with Facebook, Instagram, TV and millions of other websites and blogs
- It’s definitely not a get rich quick scheme no matter what you may have heard
- A majority of bloggers never make any money
Why people start blogs
Blogging is a productive and rewarding hobby and can even be a good career move.
You may be about to graduate and eager to start your professional life.
You may be unemployed and on a hunt for a job.
You may not be too happy with your current role and want something better.
Blogging opens the doors to the world for you.
It’s your opportunity to set yourself apart and get noticed.
It’s a creative outlet for you to share your ideas and a platform on which you can build your business and make money.
Here are some of the reasons why people start blogs:
- Want to become self employed
- Want to have an outlet for creative expression
- Want to build an audience
- Want to teach what they know
- Want to make money
- Want to build a company or drive traffic to a startup
- Want to build relationships
Blogging is about creativity, purpose and money making.
This is the blog for anyone who runs their own blog – or wants to.
Full of practical, action-oriented and easy-to-consume blogging advice and insights to start and build a high-performance blog.
All you need to grow your blog from the ground up.
Big content topics are boiled down to easy-to-use knowledge, tactics and strategies that you can follow and apply today.
I’ve created websites, produced content and grown online audiences since 1997.
I give you the practitioner’s view from the inside.
I present you with all my best lessons learned and know-how.
It’s all available for free.
There are no banner ads and sponsored posts.
I don’t try and sell you anything.
I don’t even collect your email address.
My intention is not to add to the swathes of bland blogging advice guidance online.
I hope that my blog helps you find the motivation to chart your own course and see where your passion leads you.
With that in mind, here are the guides for you to start with: